Paper Plane Cafe: Taking Parramattas Cafe Scene Sky High



Finally! Another great cafe has opened up in Parramatta giving brunch lovers another place to huddle to, if ever disgruntled by the long lines of Circa Cafe.

Peach Melba Iced Tea $4.50
Cappuccino $3.50
This cafe is situated a little out of the way, just off George St, close to the Roxy. My best friend took me here for brunch and I was glad she did otherwise I don't know how long it would take me to find it. 

Peach Melba, the classic Australian raspberry coulis and peach dessert was in the form of the Peach Melba Iced Tea. It was refreshing and had a strong peach flavour but it reminded me of a bottle of Nestea. I would have loved if it had a stronger raspberry flavour so it could really honour the dessert it is named after.
I also enjoyed the Cappuccino and it came promptly and was perfect for the cold morning.


Eggs Benedict with Salmon $15.50
I ordered the Salmon Eggs Benedict and was delighted to see the generous serving of crusty bread, warm spinach, salmon and perfectly poached eggs. The hollandaise sauce was creamy and the slight tang it had really complemented the salmon. The wilted spinach was also seasoned enough to provide a saltiness that worked with the sauce to cut through the creamy yolk and rich salmon. 8/10


Eggs Benedict with Mushroom $14.50
My best friend ordered the Eggs Benedict with Mushrooms and like my order it was mouth-wateringly generous with its serving of the crusty bread, rocket, well poached eggs and an interesting mushroom covered in pesto and some cheese (no thats not mould!). I thought her serving of sauce was a little on the small side but the saltiness of the pesto and cheese was tasty with the egg yolk. As you can see in the picture the serving of mushroom could have been bigger so it could be eaten with every biteful of the bread. 7/10








Chorizo Hotpot $14
I came here for lunch a few days later and ordered the Chorizo Hotpot was immediately ordered. Resembling Baked Eggs, the waiter presented it to our table with enthusiastic words of "You'll enjoy it, It's awesome". I loved that. A cafe with that kind of confidence and pride amongst its staff is great to see. The tomato flavour was very strong and quite tangy and the salty and slightly spicy chorizo was a good addition that made each bite texturally interesting and tasty. 7.5/10

The highlight of lunch had to be the Midnight Cuban. It was a grilled club sandwich (which verged on being a burger) filled with loads of pulled pork, bacon, melted cheese, oozing BBQ sauce and dijon mustard. This was probably the most delicious thing I've had between two pieces of bread. It also came with the Bad Boys which were superbly crunchy wedges - the perfect accompaniment with the burger. 9/10


 


Midnight Cuban & Bad Boys $15 - That ooze..
Paper Plane Cafe is a promising cafe with great food and service but to hold up to the likes of Circa Cafe I would love to see a unique spin on some of their menu items. In saying that, I am definitely returning here to try their other delicious sounding dishes. Don't be surprised if I do another post with an accumulation of the food I eat there over the next few months. 

Parking: You'll have to pay for street parking (Weekdays ~ $3.50/hr) or park at the Westfield ( 3 hours free)
Location: Convenient - 10 min walk from Parramatta Station and Westfield
Atmosphere: 9/10
Service: The waiters were great and attentive
Food: 8.5/10



Paper Plane Cafe on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment