Youeni: Fresh in the Hills

Lamb Fritter
Youeni is a regular spot of mine so I thought I would share with you some of the memorable dishes I have had there recently. Their menu changes every few months which is great because it means more food to try and more for me to post.
A dish I really enjoyed were the Lamb Fritters. It boasts some lamb mince patties with a beautiful rocket salad that has a really tasty dressing and some tzatziki inspired dressing with crushed almonds. The mediterranean inspired dish is a great combo of flavours with the sweet and salty salad dressing, the tartness of the yoghurt and the lamb. 8.5/10

Lemon Lime Tart
Tomato Mushrooms
I was also lucky enough to grab a serving of Lemon Lime Tart which was a pastry special that day. The first few bites of this was fantastic with the tart lemon and lime flavour and the modest serving of dry only-slightly-flaky pastry. After half way the lemon flavour was too much on my tastebuds and I struggled to finish it. 4/10


The Tomato Mushrooms is a breakfast dish that I quite enjoyed. It had a large field mushroom cooked with Youeni's tomato sauce stuffed with a fetta and semi-dried tomato paste. The dish was very filling but the combination of the sour tomato sauce and the fetta cheese was overall too sour for my liking. 6/10

Baked Eggs
Last but not least, the Baked Eggs at Youeni do not disappoint. The dish has a fun and quirky presentation with the sesame bread ring served over the dish the eggs were baked in. Unfortunately its really for show as the ring is quite chewy and hard to pull apart. The chorizo and abundant serving of kidney beans will definitely fill you up and keep you satisfied right past your next meal time. 7/10

Overall, I always come back to Youeni with its addictive atmosphere and coffee, and interesting new menu items. Chances are, you'll see me there when you go.
Parking: Great with a parking complex just below it
Location: Convenient - only 5 min walk from Castle Towers
Atmosphere: 9/10
Service: Sometimes very slow but during quieter times the servers are very friendly and take the time out to have a chat with you
Food: 7.5/10


Youeni Foodstore Castle Hill on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment